Illumina Interactive is an established custom e-learning content and system development firm based in Canton, MA. Illumina has provided distinctive technology-based learning solutions for leading corporations, government agencies, educational institutions and non-profits, and has a blue-chip customer list. The team prides themselves on superior quality work and an unparalleled dedication and responsiveness to their clients, and offers an easy-going, informal work environment where each team member contributes to a project’s success. Illumina’s small size and varied customer set means wearing multiple hats and working on diverse projects in an environment where individuals with a desire to learn and grow can stand out and excel.
To date, Illumina’s top management has handled sales, along with their other responsibilities. As the company’s first dedicated salesperson, you will have visibility, impact and influence on the company’s direction and approach.
The Account Director has a sales role with the primary objective of closing business for the company; this individual serves as the primary liaison between Illumina Interactive and our clients and reports to the Director of Alliances.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary liaison between Illumina Interactive and our client companies for business opportunities
- Identify customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions that meet the client’s objectives and can be implemented by Illumina and its internal and external resources
- Research new prospect organizations, determining overall attractiveness as a prospect, likely value proposition, and potential contacts
- Make initial contact with new prospect organizations to introduce Illumina, identify areas of prospect need, and start the sales process
- For customers signing contracts, coordinate the transition to the project management and development team
- Keep CRM accounts, mailing list, and other tools up to date with current information
- Participate in sales reviews, whether for an individual account, group of accounts, or all accounts
- Foster communication and build collaborative relationships with co-workers
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Account management experience in the training and development industry
- High level of motivation, adaptability and flexibility
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving/analytical skills
- Team oriented
- Customer service-oriented
- Project management skills
- Ability to cultivate trust and confidence in prospects, customers, partners, and coworkers
- Comfort with initiating and working new prospects
- Commitment to excellence
Education and Experience Requirements
Experience: 3-5 years in relevant sales and training position; past experience with elearning development a strong plus
All candidates must be able to work in the USA without restriction. Job can be performed from home office or Illumina office. Boston area candidate preferred for occasional in-person meetings with customers and coworkers. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, samples and/or links to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Account Director” in the subject line.