Illumina has a full-time on-site opening for a talented web programmer/engineer in our Dedham, MA office. In this position, you will collaborate with teams of other designers and developers to produce engaging web sites and interactive web-based learning applications for Illumina’s healthcare, biotechnology, government and educational clients.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position include:
- Experience developing responsive websites and mobile applications;
- Experience developing for all browsers including: IE8+, FF, Chrome, Safari
- Experience with back-end technologies such as PHP and MySQL
- Experience with content and learning management systems including Drupal, WordPress, Moodle and Google Apps
- Experience with search engine optimization, Google Analytics, and Google Webmasters
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with social media concepts and tools
Knowledge and skill with the following will be seen as a plus:
- Experience with Grunt, SASS, Ajax, JWPLAYER, Nomensa Accessible Media Player;
- Experience developing custom Modules and Plugins for WordPress, Drupal and Moodle
- Experience with LAMP and ASP.NET development platforms
- Command line experience for both UNIX and DOS based systems
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong set of communication and interpersonal skills is also essential, as this individual will work closely with staff and contract team members and have direct contact with Illumina clients. The successful candidate will be a team player, organized and efficient, creative and detail-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize assignments effectively.
Illumina Interactive (illumina-interactive.com) is a Dedham, MA-based custom e-learning development firm that, since 1997, has been transforming its clients’ educational challenges and training needs into distinctive, effective technology-based learning solutions. Illumina is a full-service development firm that helps its clients achieve their strategic learning goals – by making it easier to rapidly develop and deploy the optimum e-learning solutions for their organizations’ needs. Illumina’s team prides themselves on superior quality work and an unparalleled dedication and responsiveness to their clients, and offers an easy-going, informal workplace where each team member works on multiple projects and contributes to a project’s success. Illumina’s small size means everyone wears multiple hats in an environment where individuals with a desire to learn and grow can stand out and excel.
For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, samples and/or links to your work to email@example.com with the word “Web Programmer” in the subject line.